Life is filled with happiness, sadness, tears, smiles, laughter and other emotions: but when life gets you down, be strong and have faith. Sometimes you may be happy and sometimes be sad; that is the way of life. Sadness remind us the important of happiness in our life. Sadness give us the opportunity to ask for change and offer a better way of living.
Dita Von Teese once said “some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is! “
Sadness sometimes bring the best in people because it may create an environment or condition we do not want to stay.
The Story of a Banker – Ilan Ganot
With his son’s life on the line, Ilan Ganot founded Solid Ventures to identify, acquire and develop therapies for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). He resigned from JP Morgan Bank to form a biotech company in his quest to save his son. He was sad when the 2 year boy was diagnosed with DMD. He did not decide to lose hope or fully relied on the doctors but rather used his investment banking background to raise fund for the new venture. Yes, he did raised over US$17 million.
I am seriously focused, because I have one problem in my life,” Ganot said. “We’re going to become the center for excellence in DMD.
You may feel sad when you lose job, fail exams or end a relationship. You should not allow sadness to put you down or lose complete hope in life. You should rather sit and think smart about how to get out of the grief.
No, I’m not suggesting that anyone should get stuck on sadness – that would be depression. However, acknowledging, expressing, and resolving your grief would lead to greater health and happiness. Always
Before I leave the keyboard, let remind ourselves with some of great quotes on Sadness and Happiness.
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
- It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness. – Charles Spurgeon
- We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. Frederick Keonig
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed-door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. – Helen Keller
- Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself. – Walter Anderson
Always remember that sadness is part of the temporal change which can help you understand what really matters in life including love and kindness.
Sadness can bring more happiness into your life. What are your thoughts?