Life is too short and if there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you, that moment is now.
What is Passion ?
Oxford Advanced Leaner’s Dictionary defined passion as a very strong feeling of liking something; a hobby, an activity, etc. that you like very much. It is believe to be originated from the Latin word “pati” meaning suffer. Therefore, you should expect some obstacles (suffering) whiles following your passion.
To encourage you, here are 16 quotes that would inspire you to follow your passion.
- I’m a firm believer in the theory that people only do their best at things they enjoy. It is difficult to excel at something you don’t enjoy. – Jack Nicklaus
- Get into a line that you will find to be a deep personal interest, something you really enjoy spending twelve to fifteen hours a day working at, and the rest of the time thinking about. – Earl Nightingale
- Live with passion! – Anthony Robbins
- The person who does not work for the love of work but only for money is not likely to make money nor to find much fun in life. – Charles M. Schwab
- There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. – Nelson Mandela
- The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them. – George Bernard Shaw
- It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. – T. S. Eliot
- You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out. – Steve Jobs
- Admiration is a very short-lived passion that immediately decays upon growing familiar with its object, unless it be still fed with fresh discoveries, and kept alive by a new perpetual succession of miracles rising up to its view. – Joseph Addison
- Whether you are painting or singing or acting or dancing, do it with passion, do it everyday and do it like you don’t need the money. – John Ferrie
- Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. – Howard Thurman
- The saddest people I’ve ever met in life are the ones who don’t care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there’s nothing to make it last. ― Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
- You can Google for an answer. You can Google for a mate. You can Google for a career. But you can’t Google to find what’s in your heart – the passion that lifts you skyward. – Plumeri
- Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams. – Donovan Bailey
- If a leader doesn’t convey passion and intensity then there will be no passion and intensity within the organization and they’ll start to fall down and get depressed. – Colin Powell
- My personal favorite quote on passion is from a man who clearly had way more talent than he claims in the quote: “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein
What are you passionate about? Let me know your thoughts in the Comments section below.